This Spinnaker training course introduces the Spinnaker continuous delivery platform. The course begins by covering the key foundations of Spinnaker’s model for enabling typical application deployment and management scenarios, specifically when it comes to enabling easy and efficient ways of doing so in Cloud infrastructure. It will then dive further into Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, and how Spinnaker thinks of and makes use of pipelines to enable its application deployment model and flow. Along the way, you will look closely at each of Spinnaker’s key features for standard and at times, not-so-standard use-cases. The course concludes by delving into the administration of Spinnaker itself, including info on the installation processes as well as scaling and ensuring production availability, monitoring, and other related topics for administering and working with Spinnaker.
By attending Spinnaker workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Differentiate the aspects of the Spinnaker application model and how they relate to automating deployments and/or resource management.
- Grasp continuous integration and delivery/deployment pipelines and how they relate to Spinnaker’s pipelines, stages, etc. for deploying applications to the Cloud.
- Assess the available provider integrations for Spinnaker and capabilities for working on less standard, non-provider-based deployments, and automated scenarios.
- Install Spinnaker in a few different use-cases and generally configure, administer, and understand how to perform other tasks such as scaling, monitoring, and debugging.
The Spinnaker class is ideal for:
- DevOps, system administrators, and release engineers wanting to adopt Spinnaker.