The VxBlock Administration training course covers administration and management aspects of the VxBlock System. It includes an overview of the architecture as well as introduces common administrative tasks that are performed using the various system element managers and Dell EMC Vision Indigent Operations.
By attending VxBlock Administration workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Discuss VxBlock Systems, their building block components, and how the VxBlock integrates into a datacenter
- Capture and backup the VxBlock System configuration baseline
- Monitor VxBlock System status, health, and performance using component element managers and Dell EMC Vision Intelligent Operations
- Create, expand and provision VxBlock System compute, network, storage, and virtualization resources
- Validate the configuration compliance against the Dell EMC Release Certification Matrix (RCM) and the Dell EMC Security Guide
An understanding of the following:
- VMware ESX Server installation, configuration, and management
- Microsoft Windows and UNIX/Linux administration and operation
- Specialist knowledge of EMC storage array technology
- Concept of server, storage, and access path virtualization
- Knowledge of Fibre Channel SAN zoning and virtualization
- System management and monitoring concepts
This VxBlock Administration class is intended for professionals who will be administering and managing a VxBlock System.