The Dell EMC SC Series Implementation & Administration training course concentrates on utilizing Storage Manager to educate Administrators on how to perform key administrative tasks for Storage Center and effectively manage all tools associated with Storage Center operations like volume to server mapping, multipathing, failover, snapshots, replications and troubleshooting. This training also provides the knowledge to successfully install Dell EMC SC Series storage arrays and includes best practices information for the Dell EMC SC Series hardware deployment including Fibre Channel zoning, iSCSI and host attachment.
By attending Dell EMC SC Series Implementation & Administration workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Describe the basic functions of the Storage Center software
- Identify the physical hardware components of the Dell EMC SC Series
- Describe various cabling scenarios of the Dell EMC SC Series
- List the Fibre Channel zoning and iSCSI best practices
- Install and configure Dell Storage Manager (DSM)
- Execute common day-to-day management tasks including manage volumes, server objects, volume to server mapping, user permissions, snapshots, replications, alerts and reports
- Explain proper setup for a successful Dell EMC SC Series failover, what is involved in the failover process, and how MPIO is used and setup
- Troubleshoot and resolve common problems
- Knowledge of SAN and have at least one year of networking and server experience.
This Dell EMC SC Series Implementation & Administration class is intended for Storage Administrators, IT professionals and deployment technicians who manage Dell EMC SC Series Storage arrays and support the installation and implementation of Dell EMC SC Series Storage arrays.