The EMC PowerMax and VMAX Family Configuration & Business Continuity Administration training course provides an in-depth understanding of configuration tasks on PowerMax and VMAX family arrays. This course also provides the knowledge required to deploy and manage PowerMax and VMAX family array-based local and remote replication solutions for business continuity needs. Key features and functions of the arrays are covered in detail. Topics include storage provisioning concepts, virtual provisioning, device creation and port management, and service level-based storage allocation to hosts.
Operational details and implementation considerations for Dell EMC TimeFinder SnapVX and Symmetrix Remote Data Facility (SRDF) are covered. Attendees will use Unisphere for PowerMax/VMAX and Solutions Enabler (SYMCLI) to manage configuration changes on the arrays.
By attending EMC PowerMax and VMAX Family Configuration & Business Continuity Administration workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Provide an overview of PowerMax and VMAX Family configurations
- Discuss storage provisioning concepts
- Manage ports and port characteristics
- Perform Service Level based provisioning to hosts
- Provide an overview of storage management in a virtualized environment
- Use Unisphere for PowerMax for Compliance Monitoring and Workload Planning
- Provide details on local and remote replication offerings in PowerMax and VMAX Family arrays
- Understanding of PowerMax, VMAX All Flash and VMAX3 Arrays
- Experience with Windows and ESX operating systems
- Ability to utilize host-based GUI and/or command line interfaces
This EMC PowerMax and VMAX Family Configuration & Business Continuity Administration class is intended for Professionals responsible for configuration and administration of PowerMax and VMAX Family arrays.