The Sun Fire Midrange Server Administration training course provides the information needed to configure, monitor, and manage the Sun Fire V1280/E2900, 3800, 4800/E4900, 4810, and 6800/E6900 midrange servers. Additionally, you will implement concurrent maintenance and high-availability strategies, and use firmware tools and applications to assess a system.
By attending Sun Fire Midrange Server Administration workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Understand system controller administration, set up and configure the system controller, and navigate platform and domain shells
- Perform common configuration and administrative tasks
- Create and manage segments and domains
- Configure a system for multipathed I/O and dynamically manage system resources
- Detailed knowledge of the Solaris Operating System (Solaris OS) and UNIX
- Knowledge of backup and storage
- Detailed knowledge of network administration
- Knowledge of Sun Management Center 3.0 software
- Experience administrating workgroup and enterprise servers
Enterprise system administrators, Platform and Domain administrators, System administrators, and anyone responsible for supporting midrange networked database servers.