This Developing Serverless Solutions on AWS training course gives developers exposure to and practice with best practices for building serverless applications using AWS Lambda and other services in the AWS serverless platform. You will use AWS frameworks to deploy a serverless application in hands-on labs that progress from simpler to more complex topics. You will use AWS documentation throughout the course to develop authentic methods for learning and problem-solving beyond the classroom.
By attending Developing Serverless Solutions on AWS workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Apply event-driven best practices to a serverless application design using appropriate AWS services
- Identify the challenges and trade-offs of transitioning to serverless development, and make recommendations that suit your development organization and environment
- Build serverless applications using patterns that connect AWS managed services together, and account for service characteristics, including service quotas, available integrations, invocation model, error handling, and event source payload
- Compare and contrast available options for writing infrastructure as code, including AWS CloudFormation, AWS Amplify, AWS Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM), and AWS Cloud Development Kit (AWS CDK)
- Apply best practices to writing Lambda functions inclusive of error handling, logging, environment re-use, using layers, statelessness, idempotency, and configuring concurrency and memory
- Apply best practices for building observability and monitoring into your serverless application
- Apply security best practices to serverless applications
- Identify key scaling considerations in a serverless application, and match each consideration to the methods, tools, or best practices to manage it
- Use AWS SAM, AWS CDK, and AWS developer tools to configure a CI/CD workflow, and automate deployment of a serverless application
- Create and actively maintain a list of serverless resources that will assist in your ongoing serverless development and engagement with the serverless community
- Familiarity with the basics of AWS Cloud architecture
- An understanding of developing applications on AWS equivalent to Developing on AWS course
The Developing Serverless Solutions on AWS class is ideal for:
- Developers who have some familiarity with serverless and experience with development in the AWS Cloud.