This Wireless Migration Cisco AireOS to Catalyst 9800 (WMAC98) training course provides a comprehensive look at different methods of migrating from the Cisco AireOS world to the new C9800 / IOS-XE environment. It includes many hands-on lab exercises with current hardware such as Cisco Catalyst 3650 switches, Catalyst 9120 and Aironet 3800 access points, Catalyst 9800-CL WLC, Cisco AireOS 3504 WLC and vWLC, Prime Infrastructure 3.9, ISE 2.7, Windows 10 Wireless /Wired Clients, Windows DC Server and others.
By attending Wireless Migration Cisco AireOS to Catalyst 9800 (WMAC98) workshop, delegates will learn:
- Basic operating principles and features of the Cisco Catalyst 9800 Cotroller.
- Basic operating principles and features of the Cisco AirOS WLC
- Basic changes in configurations and concepts.
- Setup and initial configuration, commissioning, and access point connectivity.
- Migration from AireOS to C9800 via Prime Infrastructure
- Migration from AireOS to C9800 via Cloud Config Translator
- Migration from AireOS to C9800 via Config Translator in C9800
- Basic WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting
- Backup and recovery
- Software update
- Archiving and configuration recovery
- Knowledge of Network fundamentals
- Basic routing and switching skills
- Experience with Cisco AireOS
- Experience with Cisco IOS or IOS XE
- Basics knowledge of troubleshooting
The Wireless Migration Cisco AireOS to Catalyst 9800 (WMAC98) class is ideal for:
- Experienced network engineers planning to migrate from AireOS (2504, 5508, 5520, 8510, 8540, vWLC) to the new IOS XE 9800 series WLCs
- Newcomers to the Cisco wireless world with the new WLC portfolio (IOS XE via CLI and GUI from initial setup to commissioning and maintenance).
- Network teams planning a move from "old school wireless" to "802.11ax and Wi-Fi 6".