This TELON Programming training course covers all aspects of On-Line Programming with CA-TELON. The course teaches the design, writing and testing of COBOL or PL/1 CA-TELON programs. This course also aims to give an insight into structuring CA-TELON programs, data access and the data group, validation, screen definitions, CA-TELON list programs and custom code.
By attending TELON Programming workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Develop structured CA-TELON On-Line Programs
- Develop screen based programs using the PI, PD and SD
- Understand and use the CA-TELON Prototyping Facility
- Understand and use the different validation methods within CA-TELON - field level validation, cross-field edits and segment edits
- Understand and use the Data Group
- Understand and use AUTOEXECs and USEREXECs
- Customise the generated data access
- Understand and develop SEGLOOP programs
- Understand and use the various custom code points within a CA-TELON program
- Understand and manipulate CA-TELON generated variables
- This TELON Programming class is suitable for analysts and programmers with COBOL or PL/1 knowledge, together with some basic understanding of CICS or IMS.